Olympic Distance Triathlon Program
You can do an Olympic distance triathlon! As long as you have a minimum level of fitness as outlined below you can finish an Olympic distance triathlon within 12 weeks.
If you are new to triathlon, it can be daunting to try to work out what training you should be doing across the swim, bike and run. Our twelve week Olympic triathlon program will not only provide you with your training sessions but it will give you all the tips and tricks you need for a successful race day.
This program is suitable for Olympic distance triathlon; a 1500m swim, 40km bike and 10km run.
Before You Begin
Before starting this program, you should be in good health and injury free. To be able to complete the beginner level sessions and Olympic distance triathlon you need to be able to swim 300m non-stop and your general fitness should allow for 60 minutes of non-stop cycling and 30 minutes of continuous running. If you are not at this minimum level of fitness we recommend starting with our Sprint distance program and working up towards the Olympic distance.
The program is semi-customised and we will need a few details from you to ensure you can get the most out of your program. The form below will allow us to customise the sessions to suit your current fitness and skill level plus ensure the training sessions are scheduled when you are available.
What We Need From You
In the form below you will find five sections that will provide us with the information we need from you to create your semi-customised sprint triathlon program. These details are:
- Beginner – can swim a minimum of 300m without stopping (speed doesn’t matter).
- Intermediate – can swim 1500m without stopping (speed doesn’t matter). Comfortable in the water.
- Advanced – confident swimmer and have previously swum in squads or at school.
- Beginner – fairly new to the bike but capable of riding atleast 20km.
- Intermediate – been cycling for 2+years and comfortable riding distances of 40+km
- Advanced – Experienced cyclist, have ridden in groups before and comfortable riding long distances.
- Beginner – Can run non-stop for 30 minutes (speed doesn’t matter).
- Intermediate – Able to run non-stop for 60+ minutes and have completed 10km and over running events.
- Advanced – Can run 10km in under 55 minutes.
Please indicate how many training sessions you are able to complete each week. This will vary depending on your other commitments.
Please indicate what mornings and evenings you are available to train. The sessions will only be scheduled during these times. Please hold down the CTRL button to select multiple times.